Anyone donating to Saturday's fund drive to help victims of the devastating Alabama tornadoes will be treated to a free car wash at Eisenhower Middle/High School, 4333 S. Sunny Slope Road, New Berlin, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday.
New Berlin students from kindergarten through high school have donated about 140 boxes of school supplies to help youngsters in two school districts hit hard by the tornadoes. The car wash fundraiser is being held to raise as much money as possible to defray the expense of sending six students and chaperons to Alabama to deliver the supplies. They will not only deliver the supplies but will help the schools get ready for reopening in the fall. The funds will be spent on whatever the two stricken school districts need.
Members of the Eisenhower football team will wash the cars.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin planners to hold month of input sessions for sections 35/34
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: March 26, 2015
- Neighbors of New Berlin Hills golf course question proposed driving range
- Recycling textiles and local foods studied by New Berlin students
- In brief: grand openning, Brownies
- 'Pinocchio,' a musical, slated for West Performing Arts Center at New Berlin West Middle and High Sc
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: March 19, 2015
- New Berlin School Board candidates battle on issues of educational direction and spending
- New Berlin settles Potkay case