Jacole Lane, a teacher at New Berlin West Middle/High School, was awarded a scholarship from Honeywell to attend the 2011 Honeywell Educators @ Space Academy programs at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center in Huntsville, Alabama from June 15 to 24.
She is among 250 teachers from 27 countries and 47 states who will attend the program, which is designed to help them inspire the next generation of students to pursue careers in science, technology, engineering and math. The program includes new and innovative techniques for them to use in their science and math teaching.
The programs focus on space science and exploration in a variety of classroom, laboratory and real-life astronaut training, including a high-performance jet simulation, scenario-based space missions, land and water survival training and state-of-the-art flight dynamics programs.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Part of busy Lawnsdale Road in New Berlin to be closed
- Study finds combining sports would not work
- Milwaukee gun man reportedly threatened New Berlin pharmacist for Oxycodone
- Preliminary 2014-15 budget calls for a 3.78 percent tax levy increase for New Berlin School District
- UW-Waukesha presents classy 'Kiss Me, Kate'
- New Berlin residents receive Patriotic Citizen Awards