Jacole Lane, a teacher at New Berlin West Middle/High School, was awarded a scholarship from Honeywell to attend the 2011 Honeywell Educators @ Space Academy programs at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center in Huntsville, Alabama from June 15 to 24.
She is among 250 teachers from 27 countries and 47 states who will attend the program, which is designed to help them inspire the next generation of students to pursue careers in science, technology, engineering and math. The program includes new and innovative techniques for them to use in their science and math teaching.
The programs focus on space science and exploration in a variety of classroom, laboratory and real-life astronaut training, including a high-performance jet simulation, scenario-based space missions, land and water survival training and state-of-the-art flight dynamics programs.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Meeting set on changes in collection of residential recyclables and trash
- New Berlin schools invest to further STEM
- Waukesha won't provide fire services to New Berlin
- New Berlin explores response time solutions for west side
- New Berlin police report: Oct. 9, 2014
- So far, New Berlin likes Kohler Ridge conservation subdivision plan
- Art, wine and beer mix for outdoor New Berlin exhibit
- Waukesha could give fire assistance to New Berlin
- New BBQ place is smoking at New Berlin City Center