Jacole Lane, a teacher at New Berlin West Middle/High School, was awarded a scholarship from Honeywell to attend the 2011 Honeywell Educators @ Space Academy programs at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center in Huntsville, Alabama from June 15 to 24.
She is among 250 teachers from 27 countries and 47 states who will attend the program, which is designed to help them inspire the next generation of students to pursue careers in science, technology, engineering and math. The program includes new and innovative techniques for them to use in their science and math teaching.
The programs focus on space science and exploration in a variety of classroom, laboratory and real-life astronaut training, including a high-performance jet simulation, scenario-based space missions, land and water survival training and state-of-the-art flight dynamics programs.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In brief: Fest, matinees, market
- New Berlin and Muskego Police Notes: Aug. 6, 2015
- Michelle Witmer Memorial Drive construction to test New Berlin drivers
- In brief: Police memorial, school benefits, Muskego girl
- Three swim groups to hold golf outing to get better equipment
- Pair of musicals to open at West PAC
- News & Notes: July 23, 2015
- Many take honors in the New Berlin Fourth of July celebration
- New Berlin Ike library to convert into collaborative commons area
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: July 16