• Chad and Carey Behnke of New Berlin are parents of a daughter, Sophie Rae, born March 30, 2010. She was 7 pounds, 11 ounces and 21 inches.
• Timothy and Sarah Timmerman of New Berlin are parents of a daughter, Eve Marie, born April 14, 2010. She was 7 pounds, 15 ounces and 20 1/2 inches. She joins sisters Natasha, 19 and Chantel, 11.
• Kimberli Kamer, a junior at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, has been awarded a $4,000 Hilldale Foundation research fellowship and the $2,500 Medical Scholars undergraduate grant. Kimberli is a 2007 graduate of Muskego High School.
• Allyn Sturdevant of New Berlin graduated from Mount Mary College in May. Allyn is the daughter of Michael and Linda Sturdevant of New Berlin and a 2000 graduate of New Berlin West High School.
• Kristi Finco of New Berlin received a Student Research Day award from the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire. She took second place in business and professional studies. Research Day highlights student research accomplishments and the role that faculty and academic staff play as mentors in the scholarly activity process. This year's Research Day featured 265 faculty-mentored projects.
• Kristin Setz of New Berlin graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Veterinary Medicine with a doctorate degree.
• Jonathan Setz of New Berlin graduated from the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse with a doctorate in physical therapy.
• Morgan Johnson of Muskego was awarded a $10,000 Wisconsin Foundation for Independent Colleges Inc. Rath Scholarship. Morgan is a junior at St. Norbert College in De Pere.
• Teresa Foldy graduated with honors from the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater with a teaching degree in special education. Teresa is a 2005 graduate of Muskego High School.
• Tanya Foldy graduated with a doctorate degree in pharmacy from the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse. Tanya is a 2002 graduate of Muskego High School. She will begin her residency at Children's Hospital in Milwaukee in June.
• Matthew Jaques of New Berlin graduated from Providence College in Providence, R.I., with a Master of Education degree in PACT-Secondary Education through the college's graduate school.
• The following students graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee on May 16: Stacey Baas, LindaBaehring, Kelsey Benna, Peter Blenski, Brandon Campbell, Peck Clark, Brett Felchner, Lauren Fischer, Laura Geisert, Zachary Grim, Nathan Gugel, Kimberly Keller, Ashley Kolata, Craig Kroupa, Gregory Kurka, Alicia Lorino, Mariah Monroe, Ryan Murphy, Michael Nellen, NathanPanitzke, Ellen Pilot, Kyle Rabe, Natasha Sharp, Kristin Uhan, Kayla Walters-Ketchum and Nicole Ward - Muskego; and Nicole Arend, Joseph Arnstein, Sara Austin, Jason Averkamp, Quintin Bendixen, Jennifer Bergin, Nathan Bernier, Jessica Blaha, Sara Breitenfeldt, Keith Brill, Brandon Brzeski, Ronald Bucher, Kelly Carnahan, EleneChristopoulos, Kathryn Ciardo, Leslie Cook, NicholausCzaplewski, Christine Demshar, Lauren Demshar, AndreaDoucette, Margaret Drake, Mohamed Elsayed, John Frederick, Keith Gennuso, Kellie Halverson, Fatmeh Hamdan, Andrea Holmes, Rachel Holtketter, Taylor Johnson, Denise Johnson, Judith Jurkowski, Kyle Konieczka, Heather Lacey, Abby Lang, Ashley Lemmen, Mary Lofy, Stephanie Luedke, Erica Malloy, Melissa Marek, Jacob Misiak, Kathryn Mold, Brian Naughton, CarrieNewman, Matthew Ott, Josie Peterson, Miranda Petroviak, Natalie Piontkowski, Peter Piotrowski, Phillip Pogacar, Nickolas Poulos, Briana Rader, Brian Sadowski, Bradley Sagadin, Andrew Saunier, Stephanie Schell, Allyson Schnabl, Andrew Schneider, Elizabeth Schweizer, Ryan Shandley, Julia Slater, Daniel Tappa, Allison Terry, Antonija Tonkovic-Capin, Lisa Tyley, Kathleen Valerius, Stephanie Viganego, Tyler Voegtline, Andrew Wilber, Troy Windorff and Brian Zielski - New Berlin.
• Casey Gabrhel of Muskego received the William E. Slagg scholarship for biology. Casey was also inducted to the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire chapters of the National Alpha Lambda Delta and Phi Eta Sigma honor societies for first-year students. Membership in the honor societies is open to full-time freshmen who earn a grade-point average of at least 3.5 at a four-year college or university and are in the top 20 percent of their class.
• Karli Koralewski of Muskego received a University Leadership award at the end of the semester ceremony May 14 from the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay. The awards acknowledge undergraduate students who over the past academic year have contributed to the growth and development of a University registered student organization and or exhibited a commitment to community service and volunteering, while remaining in good academic standing.
• Teresa Cameron of New Berlin was awarded a scholarship from The Women's Fund of Greater Milwaukee, Inc. The scholarships are provided in partnership with the Plunkett Family Foundation, the Pat Wilmeth Fund, the College Endowment Association, and the Woman's Club of Wisconsin Foundation. She is a student at Alverno College.
• Samantha Holten and Matt Klinka each received a $750 scholarship from the Muskego-Norway P.T.O. Scholarship Committee.
• Jared Pradarelli, a sophomore at Muskego High School, placed fourth in the Congressional Art competition. He was presented his award by U.S. Rep. Paul Ryan. Jared's charcoal drawing will be displayed in one of the district Congressional offices for the next year.
• Rebekah Hovey of New Berlin received a scholarship from the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Eastern Wisconsin. She is a student at IQ Academy Wisconsin.
• Katie Inman, a student at Muskego High School, and DemetriItsines, a student New Berlin Eisenhower High School, were awarded a scholarship from the American Hellenic Educational Progressive Association Chapter 43 of Milwaukee in May for academic or athletic achievement.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Celebrations: March 27
- Celebrations: March 13
- Celebrations: Feb. 20
- Celebrations: Feb. 6
- Celebrations: Jan. 30
- Celebrations: Jan. 23
- Celebrations: Jan. 2
- Celebrations: Dec. 12
- Celebrations: Dec. 5
- Celebrations: Nov. 14
- Celebrations: Oct. 31
- Celebrations: Oct. 17
- Celebrations: Sept. 5
- Celebrations: Aug. 22
- Celebrations: Aug. 1
- Celebrations: July 25
- Celebrations: July 11
- Celebrations: July 4
- Celebrations: June 27