Established in 1965, HAWS assists over 6,000 animals and welcomes more than 31,000 human visitors annually. As an "open admissions" shelter we lead the community in animal welfare and assure sanctuary for all animals in need, regardless of age, health or temperament. HAWS is a non-profit, entirely donor-fund organization with an active humane education program, and both wildlife and companion animal rescue services for Waukesha County.
HAWS License #267280-DS
Summer at HAWS means Kids’ Camp, hitting the road with our adoptable pets, and a Shower of kittens!
Kitten season has arrived at HAWS:
· Adoptable cats from HAWS will appear at the WI-IL Cat Fanciers Show on June 7-8 at the Waukesha Expo Center. Cheer HAWS’ cats to victory in the household division, then take one home!
· HAWS’ Kitty College sessions for kittens ages 8-15 weeks begin Tuesday, June 17. Help them learn appropriate social skills toward children, adults, and other cats – making them friendlier adult cats with fewer behavior problems! Details and registration at hawspets.org or call 262-542-8851, x114.
· You’re invited to HAWS’ Kitten Shower on Saturday June 28, from 11am to 3pm. Great adoption specials and special gifts for adult cat adopters, a "Starter Kit" valued at over $50 for the first 30 adoptions, and a sneak peek at HAWS' Kitty College! Bring a shower gift – ideas at HAWS’ Wish List.
· Cat Pedicures are available twice monthly at HAWS. Staff and volunteers are available to help with a sometimes challenging grooming issue for cat owners on Saturday, 6/14 or Tuesday, 6/24. Get tips and learn how to easily do pedicures at home for your favorite feline. Suggested donation of $7/cat.
It’s not too late to register for HAWS’ Kids 'N Critters Day Camp! Spend the summer interacting with and learning all about animals, responsible pet care, training, health and more. Camps run June through August.
HAWS’ dog training classes are a great summer activity for pets and their people. Life Skills for Puppies, Basic Manners, Loose Leash Walking and more; classes fill quickly so register now by calling 262-542-8851, x114. And remember, Puppy Parties are held every Sunday at HAWS at 4:45pm!
HAWS’ Mobile Adoption Center brings happy tails to the community with visits including Jammin’ on Janesville (6/6) and the Garden Mart Pet Expo (6/14). More stops and details at hawspets.org!
Additional highlights of HAWS’ June Calendar include:
· Canine Body Language seminar (6/5).
· “Pet”-icures for small animals (6/11 at Pet Supplies Plus, 18610 W. Bluemound Rd.; 6/21 at HAWS).
· Pet First Aid (6/21) – call 262-879-0165 for details/registration.
· GPA-WI monthly greyhound meet’n’greet in the HAWS’ lobby (6/28).
SAVE THE DATE: HAWS’ 7th Annual Pet Fair and Ride for Rover are both set for August 16th!