Established in 1965, HAWS assists over 6,000 animals and welcomes more than 31,000 human visitors annually. As an "open admissions" shelter we lead the community in animal welfare and assure sanctuary for all animals in need, regardless of age, health or temperament. HAWS is a non-profit, entirely donor-fund organization with an active humane education program, and both wildlife and companion animal rescue services for Waukesha County.
HAWS License #267280-DS
HAWS springs into action in April. Join us – it’s all about the animals!
The fundraising starts now for the Friends of HAWS 31st Annual Pet Walk on Saturday, May 3, from 9am to 2pm at Sussex Village Park. “We Take Them All” at HAWS, and 100% of Walk donations directly go to help the animals at Waukesha County’s only open admission and full service shelter. This year the Friends hope to raise $40,000 to purchase a new Animal Rescue Van, so get the whole gang together to Walk or create personal fundraising pages online! All the Walk details are at hawspets.org.
Kids ‘N Critters Summer Day Camp is now enrolling! Send your 7-14 year old child to camp at HAWS this summer – sessions are 1- or 2-day or week-long and include animal interactions, field trips and special guests! Specialty sessions include Shutterbug Camp, Art Camp and Camp Gone to the Dogs; new this year is “Science with the Animals.” Sessions fill quickly; register today at hawspets.org or call 262-542-8851, x123.
Help HAWS raise $10,000 in 10 weeks for Annie’s Fund! As Waukesha County’s only open admission and full service shelter, HAWS often takes in animals needing medical treatment and life-saving care. Annie’s Fund ensures those animals aren’t turned away. Donate at hawspets.org or call 262-542-8851 for details.
HAWS’ April calendar gives everyone a reason to embrace spring:
· “Solving Common K9 Behavior Problems” – a FREE seminar, is presented 4/7 at HAWS.
· Enroll in a dog training class, or join HAWS’ Sunday Puppy Parties (call 262-542-8851, x114).
· Learn First Aid for Pets on 4/26; call 262-879-0165 for details and registration.
· Spa day! Small Pet Pedicures (4/9 Pet Supplies Plus, 4/19 HAWS), Cat Pedicures (4/12, 4/22 HAWS).
· Socialize at the monthly GPA-WI Greyhound meet’n’greet in HAWS’ lobby (4/26).
· Lunch and learn at “Tails, Tales and Treats” on 4/28, featuring the topic “Living with Wildlife.”
· See our happy tails in action at the many great Mobile Adoption Center visits throughout the area!
All events and details are available at hawspets.org.
By the way - Your dog or cat can save a life! Register today for the Pet Blood Drive at HAWS on May 21, sponsored by WVRC. Call Kristin at 262-309-6942, x138. Appointments are limited!