Trick or Treating in New Berlin is today!-- Sunday, Oct. 28, 4-7pm.
The weather forecast: Sunny, temperature in the 50's.
Here's some Trick or Treating safety tips (from different sources)-----
- Costumes should be flame retardant and not too long or baggy.
- Masks, wigs, and hoods should not obstruct the child’s vision. If it does, use face paint or makeup instead.
- Children (and adults) should avoid wearing masks when walking from house to house.
- Kids should carry only flexible swords, knives or props.
- Younger children should not go Trick or Treating alone--an adult or teenager should accompany them.
- Know what route that your older kids are taking.
- Caution them not to go inside the houses.
- Inspect all candy and goodies carefully before eating --discard unsealed candy.
- Go in a group--the kids will have friends to go with; the adults will have company.
By the way, there’s an interesting safety quiz on Spookathon.com. Check it out. The answers may surprise you.