If you are having trouble keeping track of Mitt "Etch-a-Sketch" Romney's many positions on abortion, BuzzFeed provides a Romney Abortion Timeline that reveals nine of them, complete with video clips.
FYI, they are:
- Romney in 1994: I support Roe vs Wade
- Romney in 2002: "Unequivically" pro-choice
- Romney in 2005: I'm pro-life but will maintain the pro-choice status quo
- Romney in 2007: I'd be delighted to sign a bill banning abortion across the country
- Romney in 2007: Extend 14th Amendment to unborn child, banning abortion
- Romney in 2008: Return abortion to the states
- Romney in 2012: Return abortion to the states
- Romney in 2012: I recognize the issue of abortion has been "settled for sometime in the courts"
- Romney in October 2012: "There's no legislation with regards to abortion that I am familar with that would become part of my agenda." His campaign later told National Review Romney "would of course support legislation aimed at providing greater protections of life."
And regarding another Republican politician---
Salon's Oct. 10 post Anti-abortion GOPer Pressured Mistress to Terminate Pregnancy reports that Rep. Scott DesJarlais, a doctor and family values/pro-life Tea Party Republican who represents Tenessee, had pressured his mistress and patient into getting an abortion. Huffington Post's coverage of this story carried the headline Scott DesJarlais, Pro-life, Republican Congressman and Doctor, Pressured Mistress Patient To Get Abortion