State Senator Mary Lazich (R-New Berlin) represents parts of four counties: Milwaukee, Waukesha, Racine, and Walworth. Her Senate District 28 includes New Berlin, Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners, Muskego, Waterford, Big Bend, the town of Vernon and parts of Greenfield, East Troy, and Mukwonago. Senator Lazich has been in the Legislature for more than a decade. She considers herself a tireless crusader for lower taxes, reduced spending and smaller government.
Wisconsin Department of Transportation announces projects to improve traffic flow near Zoo Interchange
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (DOT) announced the following projects taking place over the next week to improve traffic flow near the Zoo Interchange
· Implement a temporary traffic signal at I-894 and Lincoln Avenue and two temporary traffic signals at I-894 and National Avenue.
- Construct a double left turn lane on eastbound Cleveland Avenue to northeast National Avenue.
- Extend left turn lane from westbound North Avenue to southbound US 45.
- Convert several High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) diamond lanes at ramp meters to Single Occupancy (SOV) lanes at both entrance ramps at National Avenue and I-894, and the northbound on ramp from North Avenue to I-894.
- Mill and overlay the northeast National Avenue left turn lane onto the southbound I-894 on ramp.
- Conduct pavement marking in various locations.
For more information about Zoo Interchange construction project, visit www.zoointerchange.wi.gov.