Ray McInerny, Sr., and his wife Jean, have lived in New Berlin for 32 years. A retired graphic artist, he now paints for his own enjoyment. This blog will attempt to present items of general interest to his New Berlin neighbors.
In 2010 President Obama said "the true engine of economic growth will always be companies like Solyndra."
Kate Adams and Rachel Slobodien of the Heritage Foundation compiled a list of Mr. Obama's economic growth investments and they have listed 12 members of what they call their "Green-Gravyard." These are the so-called green industries that were to promote energy savings and efficiency - all bought and paid for with our tax dollars.
These are the companies in the Green-Graveyard list they've assembled:
1. Abound Solar (Loveland, CO), thin film photovoltaic modules.
2. Beacon Power (Tyngsborough, MA), electricity grid support.
3. Ener1 (Indianapolis, IN), lithium-ion powered batteries for hybrids.
4. Energy Conversion Devices (Rochester Hills, MI), thin film PV technology.
5. Evergreen Solar, Inc., (Marlborough, MA), Solar panel installation.
6. Mountain Plaza, (Dandridge, TN), truck-stop electification technology.
7. Olsen's Crop Service & Olsen's Acquistion Co., (Berlin, WI), ethanol producer.
8. Range Fuels (Soperton, GA), tried conversion of biomass into ethanol without the use of enzymes.
9. Raser Technologies (Provo, UT), geothermal power plants & liceensing.
10. Solyndra (Fremont, CA), manufacturer of thin-film solar cells.
11. Spectrawatt (Hopewell, NY), solar cell manufacturer.
12. Thompson River Power LLC (Wayzata, MN), products & service for support of electricty grid operation.
Soyndra was national news when it collapsed with $627 million dollars of tax money as it did.
Solyndra was the lead industry in Mr. Obama's legacy of economic growth.
Fifth straight year of increased national debt of more than a trillion dollars in Obama years.
Unemployment has now reached 8.3% in 2012.
The price of gasoline in at or above $4.00 per gallon in 2012.
"You didn't build that," comment by Mr. Obama is becoming increasingly difficult for him to side-step.
Mr. Obama still hasn't taken a stand against Maj Nidal Hassan, the murderer of 13 of our fighting forces.
The Rev. Williams Owens, head of a coalition of African-American pastors says Mr. Obama is bowing down to pressure from the gay community. (Other religious denominations are somewhat silent on this).
Mr. Obama's campaign keeps hollering for Romney's tax returns but where is his real birth certificate and college records to indentify his background to us?
Under Mr. Obama's administration the TSA has allowed 25 illegal aliens to enter flight-training in Boston, according to the Government Accountability Office, and 3 of the illegals obtained pilot licenses . This was all discovered when police stopped the owner of the flight-training school on a traffic violation and discovered he too, is an illegal alien. (Small gaffe?).
Despite a personal appeal Mr. Obama lost an Olympic bid for Chicago in 2016, which went to Brazil.
Mr. Obama noted at one time that we have 57 states. Hmm! No gaffe there.
The biggest gaffe in November, 2012 would be to return Mr. Obama to Washington. Le'ts not made the mistake again.