Conservatively Speaking

State Senator Mary Lazich (R-New Berlin) represents parts of four counties: Milwaukee, Waukesha, Racine, and Walworth. Her Senate District 28 includes New Berlin, Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners, Muskego, Waterford, Big Bend, the town of Vernon and parts of Greenfield, East Troy, and Mukwonago. Senator Lazich has been in the Legislature for more than a decade. She considers herself a tireless crusader for lower taxes, reduced spending and smaller government.

Apply Today! Governor Seeking Citizens for State Appointments

The governor needs your help.  As part of official duties, Governor Walker is charged with appointing members to nearly 200 boards, commissions, councils, and taskforces.

The Governor is looking for citizens interested in public service to fill these vacancies and fulfill important civic duties.  Think you may not have the experience to serve?  Think again.

Many of the boards actually require that some appointees do not have professional ties to the industry they oversee.  They are intentionally structured to avoid conflicts of interest.  This means that you should take a close look and consider whether you want to be a board’s public member.

Many state regulatory boards include public members.  For example, the Governor’s office is currently seeking applicants for the Examining Board of Architects, Landscape Architects, and Professional Engineers.  If these fields have interested you and you do not have professional experience in them, then the board could be a good fit.

As a public member your duties would primarily be to help regulate professional licenses in selected fields.  The ultimate goal is to ensure that Wisconsinites receive quality services from professionals.  You would not be alone, however, since each board has an attorney to explain legal issues as they arise.

Sound interesting?  Then take a look at some of the other boards currently with public member vacancies: funeral directors; geologist; pharmacy; nursing home administrator; veterinary; respiratory care; radiography; and physical therapy.

If you would like to represent taxpayers and consumers in important state issues, please consider offering your service to a board.  You may be proud knowing that as a gubernatorial appointee, your work matters to everyone in Wisconsin.

 For more information about becoming a gubernatorial appointee, please visit and click on Boards/Commissions; or call Governor Walker’s office at (608) 266-1212.

This site uses Facebook comments to make it easier for you to contribute. If you see a comment you would like to flag for spam or abuse, click the "x" in the upper right of it. By posting, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Page Tools