State Senator Mary Lazich (R-New Berlin) represents parts of four counties: Milwaukee, Waukesha, Racine, and Walworth. Her Senate District 28 includes New Berlin, Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners, Muskego, Waterford, Big Bend, the town of Vernon and parts of Greenfield, East Troy, and Mukwonago. Senator Lazich has been in the Legislature for more than a decade. She considers herself a tireless crusader for lower taxes, reduced spending and smaller government.
Tips for a safe holiday weekend
Memorial Day weekend is the unofficial kickoff to summer. It is a great time to make sure your family is prepared for emergencies before traveling the highways. Expect heavy traffic on Wisconsin roads and highways this weekend. Before you leave:
- Check your routes ahead of time for road construction and other possible delays. Call 511 or go to www.511wi.gov for the latest Wisconsin road conditions.
- Make sure you have an emergency supply kit in your vehicle with a first aid kit, flashlight, and other supplies.
- Let someone know your destination, your route and your expected arrival
- Never leave children, disabled persons, or pets in a parked car, not even briefly. Temperatures in a car may become life threatening within minutes. During an 80-degree day, the temperature inside a car even with the windows cracked slightly can reach 100 degrees in less than 10 minutes!
- Take along a portable weather radio. They are important to have while enjoying the outdoors, camping, and boating. A portable weather radio provides alerts about potential severe weather and non-weather emergencies.
Have a great and safe weekend and remember our Veterans.