State Senator Mary Lazich (R-New Berlin) represents parts of four counties: Milwaukee, Waukesha, Racine, and Walworth. Her Senate District 28 includes New Berlin, Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners, Muskego, Waterford, Big Bend, the town of Vernon and parts of Greenfield, East Troy, and Mukwonago. Senator Lazich has been in the Legislature for more than a decade. She considers herself a tireless crusader for lower taxes, reduced spending and smaller government.
Income tax season is here. This time of the year can be overwhelming and confusing for many people. To assist with the process, the Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) offers the following tips to answer questions about filing returns and preparing taxes.
· Electronically file your returns. Electronically filling returns is a fast and easy way to get your refunds directly deposited into your account in just days.
· E-filing from the DOR’s website is free, secure and accurate. The e-filing programs do the math based upon the information you enter on each line of the tax form.
· A heads up: There is a filing deadline change this year because
· If you are looking for extra assistance preparing your taxes, please call 211 to find Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) or Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) site in your area. VITA/TCA sites offer help to low-to-moderate income residents, seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities to prepare their tax returns for free.
· The DOR also provides a variety of instructional and informational videos on its website revenue.wi.gov.
Good luck with tax filing!