State Senator Mary Lazich (R-New Berlin) represents parts of four counties: Milwaukee, Waukesha, Racine, and Walworth. Her Senate District 28 includes New Berlin, Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners, Muskego, Waterford, Big Bend, the town of Vernon and parts of Greenfield, East Troy, and Mukwonago. Senator Lazich has been in the Legislature for more than a decade. She considers herself a tireless crusader for lower taxes, reduced spending and smaller government.
Assembly Republicans gathered Monday to elect the leaders to steer the Assembly through the next two years:
- Speaker: Rep. Jeff Fitzgerald (R-Horicon)
- Majority Leader: Rep. Scott Suder (R- Abbottsford)
- Speaker pro tem: Rep. Bill Kramer (R-Waukesha)
- Assistant Majority Leader: Rep. Dan Knodl (R-Germantown)
- Caucus Chair: Rep. Scott Gunderson (R-Waterford)
- Caucus Vice Chair: Rep. John Murtha (R-Baldwin)
Republicans gained 14 seats in the Assembly, bringing their total number to 60, including 25 first-year legislators.