State Senator Mary Lazich (R-New Berlin) represents parts of four counties: Milwaukee, Waukesha, Racine, and Walworth. Her Senate District 28 includes New Berlin, Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners, Muskego, Waterford, Big Bend, the town of Vernon and parts of Greenfield, East Troy, and Mukwonago. Senator Lazich has been in the Legislature for more than a decade. She considers herself a tireless crusader for lower taxes, reduced spending and smaller government.
Have you signed up for the Wisconsin No Call List? You’d better hurry. The Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection reports Tuesday, August 31, 2010 is the final day to register for the next list.
Registering is simple and free. You can visit the No Call List website here or call toll-free at calling 1-866-9NO-CALL (1-866-966-2255). Registration could take 30-120 days.
More than 2.14 million landline and cell phone numbers are on the state’s No Call List. Cell phones comprise 43 percent of the current total. However, registering your cell phone is unnecessary and may be a very bad idea. Cell phone numbers are unpublished. If, for example, you provide your cell phone number to the national do not call list, suddenly, it becomes a published number. The lists of numbers must be purchased by telemarketers so they can comply with the do not call registry. It would be extremely easy for unscrupulous entities and foreign, international entities to get their hands on the numbers. Your best bet is to avoid registering your cell phone.
Exceptions to the No Call List include:
· Calls made to an existing customer like a bank or credit card company.
· Calls made responding to a request or made after permission was granted permission.
· Calls asking for a donation to a "nonprofit organization."
· Calls made for noncommercial purposes such as polls, surveys and political purposes.
· Calls made to a business telephone number.
· A call made by an individual acting on his or her own behalf, and not as an employee or agent of any other person.
Here is more information.